Saturday, March 10, 2012

Heading For Mexico City



On this trip to Mexico, my focus is on the art of Diego Rivera. Although I've enjoyed many of his major works in the heart of Mexico City, DF, my plan for this adventure is to see lesser known and more difficult to find murals that Rivera did over his life in and around DF. Therefore, my travels will take me to the Palace of Cortes in Cuernavaca, the University at Chapingo, Raza Hospital and the National Institute of Cardiology in Mexico City, and the stadium at the national university. Of course, I'll revisit some of my other favorite Diego spots including the National Palace, the Bellas Artes, the Ministry of Education, and the National Preparatory School. A week full of Diego adventures is planned. Stay tuned to the blog for photos and descriptions of my travels.


As on many of my other trips, I'll be staying at the Hotel Isabel right is the heart of the Historical District. It has great colonial charm and is a bargain at just over $20 a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment